- 1 5-6lb leg of lamb
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive (plus extra)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes (hasselbacked)
- 4 large carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 heads of garlic (sliced in half)
- Prep:Heat oven to 450°F. Put a roasting pan in the oven to heat.
- Season lamb:Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Combine garlic, oil, mustard, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread all over leg of lamb.
- Sear:Carefully remove roasting pan from oven and add 1-2 tablespoons oil. Carefully place seasoned lamb on pan and roast 10 minutes in the hot oven.
- Roast:Reduce oven temperature to 360°F and roast lamb to preferred internal temperature: Rare ~135°F / Medium ~140°F – 150°F / Well-done ~160° This will take around 50 – 90 minutes depending on preferred doneness and exact size of leg of lamb.
- Potatoes:Around 30 minutes before lamb is done, carefully remove from oven. Scatter potatoes and carrots around lamb and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Place back in oven and roast until lamb and vegetables are done.
- Rest:Rest lamb on counter for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Please test the internal temperature of the lamb with a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached a safe temperature.
- If you don’t have any fresh herbs on hand, you can substitute dried.
- Do not skip the 10 minutes of resting time, otherwise the meat juices cannot redistribute and the lamb may turn out dry.
Side dishesWe enjoy a big green salad with the lamb and roast vegetables. Also delicious: Classic gravy or a fresh yogurt dip with herbs.
Full recipe video
This is such an easy recipe to make for Easter – and the leftovers make a great sandwich!