Honey Butter Thyme Crockpot Glazed Carrots are an easy and delicious side dish, perfect for holidays and special dinners. Sweet, buttery and perfectly tender, these keep your oven free and practically make themselves!
I don’t always love my crockpot.
I routinely give mine away, only to go out and get another one. What can I say, all the secondhand shops in my surroundings have gotten used to my regular kitchen appliance donations…
But sometimes I really love my crockpot, like when I make buttery, sweet and tender glazed carrots in it.
Honey Butter Thyme Crockpot Glazed Carrots
I mean, I absolutely love using my oven to make Parchment Baked Carrots with Garlic, Thyme & White Wine.
But that’s precious oven space used up we cannot always afford. Like when a million pound turkey is occupying every last inch?
Yeah, that’s right, Giles Coren measuring if his turkey will fit into the thermonuclear oven, as dubbed by Sue Perkins.
P.S: His turkey never met this oven 😉
Anyways, sometimes a crockpot can be of great service.
For make ahead Chocolate Chip Raspberry French Toast.
Or for Crockpot Beef Stew.
Or, like here, for side dishes when you don’t have any oven or stovetop space.
This is how easy these honey butter glazed carrots are:
Add everything to the crockpot.
Then let the crockpot work its magic.
My best tips for foolproof crockpot glazed carrots:
- There’s no need to melt the butter before adding it to the crockpot. After a while, I just hold down the lid lightly and give everything a shake – easy and way less hassle, plus one less dish to wash.
- Use a smaller crockpot – mine is just 3.5 quart. That way the carrots get a really nice glaze. In a large crockpot, you’ll want to make a double batch or you’ll risk a lot of burning.
- Make the glaze even glazier by removing the lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Stir a few times with a wooden spoon to make sure all the carrots are coated.
Would these pass the Giles Coren seal of approval? Well, let me answer with another question: Are the sweet tears of singing angels food critic approved?
As you can see from that totally unbiased opinion, these are golden.
Get the printable recipe here:
- 1.5 pounds carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a 3.5 - 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until the carrots are tender. Lightly shake the crockpot WITHOUT removing the lid as soon as the butter has melted (about 15-30 minutes into cooking), to make sure the carrots are all coated.
- To thicken the glaze, remove the lid and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time.