Fettuccine with Lemon Ricotta and Zucchini Recipe
- 12 oz Fettuccine 340g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel of 1 lemon finely grated
- 1 large zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into ribbons
- 1 large yellow summer squash halved lengthwise and cut into ribbons
- 2 medium carrots cut into ribbons
For the Ricotta Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of chives chopped
- Handful of parsley chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese 250g
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the vegetables together with the lemon peel over medium-high heat soft and slightly colored.
- To make the ricotta sauce, stir all ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Add the pasta back to the pot with the ricotta sauce and the reserved liquid. Carefully mix in the vegetables and serve immediately.