Fettuccine with Lemon Ricotta and Zucchini Recipe – A fresh and tasty pasta dish for summer, from kitchen to table in no time!
Actually, this post title is a lie.
It’s a lie because there’s also a whole lotta carrot in there.
But what should it be called then? Fettuccine with Lemon Ricotta and Zucchini. And Carrots.
Ahem. Carrot-Zucchini-Lemon-Ricotta Fettucine?
Uhm, well… And whoops, there’s herbs as well!
Ok, Fettucine with Lemon Ricotta and Zucchini. And Carrots. And Herbs. Argh, shortened version it is then!
But even though it could potentially have the world’s longest name possible for a pasta dish, it’s actually really simple to make!
Cook some pasta. Slice some veggies. Stir some lemon juice and herbs into ricotta.
Mix everything together. Done. Dinner in no time!
That’s something I really like about pasta.
It’s a meal in minutes, the longest part of preparation is usually waiting for the pasta to be done.
But lately I’m not just liking all things noodle, I’m absolutely and entirely in love!
I think if you’d seriously ask me, I’d have them for breakfast.
With a drizzle of maple syrup and some bacon on the side. Aaaand now I’m getting weird.
Seriously though, don’t you just go crazy for pasta as well?
The only downside is now in summer when I mostly just don’t feel like eating hot and heavy food.
But that’s where this dish comes in! It’s all fresh and summery with lots of lemon and herbs.
And even though it’s really creamy it’s not heavy at all. It’s not even that creamy.
Rather, ricottay. Which is not even a word, but you know what I mean.
And if pasta is so great, how amazing is it mixed with ricotta? I’m lost for words, that’s how amazing it is!
And that’s why I’m now absolutely in love with pasta even in hot and humid summer!
The only thing making this even better? Tangy and sour lemons.
And herbs, lots and lots of fresh herbs. And of course the veggie ribbons.
As in pasta shaped goodness but mixed with actual carby and starchy and yummy pasta.
I could go on raving about this forever.
I think that’s something I do too liberally, the raving about food thing.
Most people do like food, but to them it’s an everyday-gotta-eat-something-anyways kind of deal.
And my endless musings about the rad new thing I ate last night probably bores them.
But when I eat something really good – guys, I get totally blown away.
And I can totally obsess about it for ages. It’s like some connection between my tastebuds and brain is faulty.
My sensory system probably keeps on sending blizzards of signals for hours on end.
But can you blame me? I mean, food is just so amazing!
Are you ready for some food love then? You’re just 30 minutes away from it.
And you will adore it. Pinky promise!
- 12 oz Fettuccine, 340g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ribbons
- 1 large yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into ribbons
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ribbons
For the Ricotta Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of chives, chopped
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese, 250g
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the vegetables together with the lemon peel over medium-high heat soft and slightly colored.
- To make the ricotta sauce, stir all ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Add the pasta back to the pot with the ricotta sauce and the reserved liquid. Carefully mix in the vegetables and serve immediately.