- baking pan
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt OR sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar (or more to taste; can also be left out for a less sweet dish)
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Bake potatoes for the first time: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, place in a large baking pan and bake until soft (time will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes).
- Scoop out potatoes: Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the baked insides. Try to keep the skins whole as much as possible!
- Make filling: Place the potato skins back in the baking pan. Mash the baked potato flesh in a bowl until smooth. Mix in the Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup (and brown sugar, if using) and salt. Scoop this filling into the sweet potato skins (I get 6 skins out of 4 baked potatoes).
- Make Topping: In a separate bowl, mix all topping ingredient. Sprinkle over the filled sweet potato skins. Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Finish: Drizzle with extra syrup to serve, if you like, and serve hot.