There’s really nothing better for lunch than this crunchy and melty Mushroom Triple Cheese Grilled Cheese recipe! With such a quick assembly you’ll be digging in in no time!
I can’t believe there’s not a single grilled cheese recipe post on this blog yet! Seriously, myself. Get yourself together a bit.
I guess it’s safe to say that this household would be a far, far less happy place if it wasn’t for the frequent visits of ooey-gooey and super crusty grilled cheese sandwiches.
When we got home in a rush last week I quickly made up this mushroom triple cheese grilled cheese recipe (ugh,
tongue fingers-typing twister).
I mean, my cheese-loving Swiss heart can never say no to a mound of melted cheese slapped on some bread. I even put the stuff into this Mozzarella Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, now if that’s not dedication!
But when my non-Swiss, still-cheese-loving husband with excessively evolved tastebuds stops talking to me because he’s busy eating – I know I need to share the recipe with you.
When I did a bit of research I stumbled upon the most disappointing thing ever:
National Grilled Cheese Day just passed?
OK, seriously bad timing. But when I asked a few blogging friends for help, Liz from Floating Kitchen was kind enough to tell me it’s actually Grilled Cheese Month and I was totally good to go.
So here it is, one amazing Mushroom Triple Cheese Grilled Cheese recipe.
But why triple cheese?
Oh, I’m glad you asked.
a) There’s mozzarella for extra gooey meltiness
b) there’s cheddar for that kick of flavor and
c) there’s creamy goat cheese for well, just that:
Super delicious creaminess.
You don’t like goat cheese? No problem, any regular old cream cheese will do just as well.
Uhm, and just one thing: Grilled Cheese Month? Awesome. Simply awesome.
Mushroom Triple Cheese Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices thick crusty bread sourdough is perfect
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons heaping cheddar shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 large roasted red pepper halved and patted dry, from a jar
- 2 teaspoons heaping creamy goat cheese or use regular cream cheese
- Heat a grilling pan over medium high heat and grill the mushrooms until softened all the way through, about 4 minutes per side. Season with salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, spread the butter on one side of each slice. Buttered side facing down, top one slice with half of the mozzarella, half of the cheddar, half of the oregano and one slice of the red pepper.
- Once they are ready, add the mushrooms on top and distribute the goat cheese over them. Top with the remaining ingredients in the reverse order, finishing with the second slice of bread, buttered side facing up.
- Grill in the hot grilling pan over medium to medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes per side or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. For best results, top with something heavy (like a dinner plate) or press down with a panini press.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
//THE GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED//