- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans OR walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
Make Oatmeal Cookie Dough:
- Beat butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat just until combined – do not overmix the egg or you'll get tough cookies.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add to egg mix and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in oats, chopped pecans and raisins (use a spatula here, or your mixer will get stuck).
- Shape the cookies: Use a cookie scoop to scoop roughly 2-3 tablespoon portions of cookie dough. Place on lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart, then chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake the cookies: When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake in batches for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown (they will still feel very soft when they come out of the oven).
- Cool the cookies: Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.