This Pepperoni Pizza Creamy Pasta Salad Recipe is the perfect easy summer side dish to bring to potlucks and BBQs – and will be a big hit with kids and families alike!
Raise your hand if you love BBQs, picnics and hearty salads!
Well, mine is definitely up there! I’m the biggest fan of grilling and outdoor eating – and what are those without a decent pasta salad? Nothing. Not. a. thing.
My all-time favorite pasta salad growing up was the one my mom made – a simple caprese bowtie pasta salad, with lots of mozzarella and fresh tomatoes.
I’ve been making it all my adult life but recently we had some mini pepperoni lying in the fridge and I thought our BBQ that day could use a little update.
So what better than a pepperoni pizza flavoured pasta salad? I’m telling you, it’s awesome.
And this couldn’t be any easier! You can chop your cheese and tomatoes plus get the dressing whisked up in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
And then? It’s “mix until fully combined”!
And if you make it for a crowd – be ready to have the recipe handy.
People are going to ask for it!
Pepperoni Pizza Creamy Pasta Salad
- 1 pound bowtie pasta shapes cooked and rinsed under cold water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni slices (or regular pepperoni chopped)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt depending on how salty your parmesan is
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil and oregano for garnish optional
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until creamy and fully combined. Pour over the salad and toss well. Garnish with fresh basil and oregano if you like.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
/*SORRY, THE BBQ GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*/