Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake: The best recipe to serve to unexpected guests! Easy with a cake mix and still so tasty – nobody will ever know!
I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of cake.
And a gigantic fan of anything lemon and blueberry. See Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt No-Bake Cheesecakes.
Told you, I’m obsessed over here!
What I’m not a fan of? The clean up.
Come summertime I prefer to spend even less time in the kitchen washing dishes. Because who likes to be stuck behind the sink, scrubbing while the sun is out? Not me, that’s for sure!
But seriously, you didn’t think I’m ready to give up cake because of that, right?
Will you believe me if I tell you that this super yummy, tender and crumbly lemon blueberry coffee cake isn’t made entirely from scratch?
Just look at that crumb topping! How are blueberries with streusel ever not delicious? I mean this Streusel Topped Blueberry French Toast Casserole totally proves my point.
It’s going to take you one box of lemon cake mix plus four other ingredients and one bowl to lemon blueberry coffee cake bliss.
Drizzling with your favorite lemon glaze after baking is entirely optional – but highly recommended!
The really, truly amazing thing about this cake is that you make a huge bowl of buttery crumbles first and then use part of that mix to make your cake batter.
The leftovers go right on top of the cake as the streusel – no extra step required!
You know I love my one bowl baking, the only better thing is no-bowl baking. (And that really works, check out my No Bowl Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake if you don’t believe me!)
But even with one bowl, this cake right here comes together so fast, you will even be able to keep noisy little hands out of your cake batter!
And by the way, if you’re just going to use one bowl – make sure it’s a cute one. This one on Amazon fits the bill perfectly*.
But once it’s out of the oven? Be prepared for it to vanish within minutes.
Did I say minutes? I meant seconds. Yes, it’s that good!
Here’s the printable recipe for your scrumptious Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake with Sour Cream!
Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 16.5 ounce box lemon cake mix 470g
- 3/4 cup cold butter 155g
- 2/3 cup sour cream 150g
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, 150g
- Optional: Your favorite lemon glaze
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C). Grease a 7 x 11 inch (18 x 28 cm) baking pan well.
- Add the cake mix to a large bowl and mix in the butter with your fingertips until it's evenly distributed and small crumbs are forming. Set aside 3/4 cup of the crumbs.
- Add the sour cream and eggs to the remaining crumb mixture and beat in with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle first the blueberries and then the crumbs you set aside over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan before drizzling with the glaze (if you want to) and cutting to serve.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.