Relax your dinner time with this 30 Minute Healthy Stovetop Turkey Tetrazzini recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and is sure to become a new family favorite – plus it makes great use of Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers!
I have to admit, I used to love standing in the kitchen for hours. But these days I’m memorizing every quick and easy one dish recipe I can get my hands on!
We don’t have a dishwasher, so I try to limit the amount of pots and pans I’m using, which can be quite a challenge for someone who used to fuss over keeping the pasta and the sauce strictly in separate pots.
But ever since I made this One Pot Spinach Pea Pasta (and then this One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta) a few months ago I’ve been hooked!
The sauce gets so creamy, it’s almost unbelievable. I love that I can throw everything into one pot and dinner practically makes itself.
This recipe for turkey tetrazzini isn’t any different. The milk and stock cook into a creamy sauce around whole-wheat spaghetti and sliced mushrooms.
Leftover turkey (or rotisserie chicken!) gets added in the end along with sour cream, a little butter and cheese – and dinner is served!
It’s no secret that I love all sorts of comfort foods, and they’re not always healthy.
But here I tried to keep things lighter while still making sure it’s a delicious and comforting dinner recipe. The low fat milk and fat-free sour cream add enough creaminess to the dish that only one tablespoon of butter and a little bit of cheese are necessary to make it feel special.
30 Minute Lighter Stovetop Turkey Tetrazzini
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion optional
- 10 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti uncooked
- 2 cups cooked and shredded turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Italian parsley chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot one medium-high heat. Add the onion (if using) and mushrooms and cook until starting to soften. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and milk into the pot, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook until almost al-dente, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked turkey meat and finish cooking until the pasta is done.
- Take the pot off the heat, stir in the sour cream, butter and cheese. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley, if you like.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
Thirty Minute Thursday
This recipe is part of a series called 30 Minute Thursday. We’re a group of bloggers sharing a delicious recipe every first Thursday of the month. And because we know that feeding oneself (and possibly a family) while also living life can be hard, we’re making it a case of full meals that are on the table in 30 minutes (or less!).
Here are 11 other quick and delicious meals to make for dinner:
Honey Garlic Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner by Kristine’s Kitchen
African Peanut Stew with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes by Floating Kitchen
Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Maple Ginger Cashew Stir Fry by Sweet Peas & Saffron
Pizza Polenta Bowls by She Likes Food
Gnocchi with Turkey and White Beans by My Kitchen Craze
Easy Chicken Lo Mein by Life Made Sweeter
30-Minute Pork Chops with Creamy Bourbon Mushroom Sauce by Flavor the Moments
Pumpkin Sausage Alfredo Penne by Whole and Heavenly Oven
Easy Beef and Broccoli by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Pizza Pitas from The Recipe Rebel