Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half (OR whole milk OR heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 16 oz frozen vegetable medley
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 cups cooked and diced turkey meat (or use cooked chicken/rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pound egg noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of sharp cheddar (for flavor) and mozzarella (for meltiness))
- Prep: Heat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a deep 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Make sauce: Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth. Whisk in the chicken broth and half-and-half and keep whisking over medium heat until thickened. Add all seasoning, then stir in the turkey meat, frozen vegetables and cream cheese. Stir in the noodles until evenly coated.
- Assemble: Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with the cheese, then bake uncovered in the hot oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbly.