These Turkey Ramen Bowls are a quick, healthy and easy alternative to the instant noodle everyone loves so much!
This is the easiest way to use up leftover turkey (or make a soup from scratch if you don’t have any leftovers!).
It’s fresh, light and healthy. Which is precisely what one needs after a huge holiday meal, right? 😉
Tips and tricks
- If you don’t have any leftover turkey to use up, I recommend grilling or baking 12oz boneless, skinless turkey breast. You can also poach it directly in the soup, but grilling does add a lot of extra flavor.
- Make sure to use the kind of ramen that have only the noodles in the package (they come in a wide variety of organic or different grains – use your favorite). The ones with the flavor packets are usually full of artificial ingredients, and the soup is already flavorful by itself and doesn’t need it.
- You can also use Bok Choy instead of the spinach, if you have access to it.
This is definitely one of my favorite meals to make when we need something quick and light for lunch. I also make it with chicken throughout the year – so simple and so tasty!
More leftover turkey recipes
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Turkey Ramen Bowls
- 12 oz boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into strips (OR use leftover turkey from a roast)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 small piece fresh ginger root peeled
- 5 oz ramen noodles just noodles, not the kind with flavor packets
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- soy sauce to taste
- scallions optional for sprinkling
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the turkey in one tablespoon of sesame oil. Season with soy sauce and continue cooking until done.
- Meanwhile in a large pot bring the broth and the ginger root to a boil. Add the ramen and cook according to package instructions. Take off the heat and stir in the spinach. Add the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil and season with soy sauce to taste.
- Add the turkey to the soup and serve with chopped scallions.