- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 pound carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup sliced green beans (see notes)
- 2 cups cooked and diced turkey meat
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rice (I used quick-cooking brown rice; see notes for substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
To Finish the Soup:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (mixed into 2 tablespoons milk to make a slurry; use more cornstarch for a thicker soup)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (or more to taste (see notes for substitutes))
- Pressure cook: Place potatoes, carrots, green beans, turkey, chicken broth, rice and all herbs and spices in the inner pot of your electric pressure cooker. Give it a good stir, then close the lid. Choose "pressure cook" (or "manual" on some models) on high pressure and set the timer to 5 minutes (it will take a while to come to pressure).
- Release pressure: Once the timer is done, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes (just switch off and leave alone). Then release any remaining pressure manually according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Finish Soup: Open the instant pot and stir the soup. Set to "sauté", then add the cornstarch slurry and simmer, stirring, until the soup has thickened to your liking (add another cornstarch slurry for an extra-creamy soup). Stir in the cream cheese or heavy cream, then serve.