White Christmas Sangria
made this? tap the stars to add your rating!
This is my way of making sangria for Christmas. I make mine with white wine, sparkling prosecco or Champagne, and plenty of seasonal red and green fruit. I love decorating this with sprigs of rosemary – festive holiday cheer in a glass!
- 1 lime (thinly sliced)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored and thinly sliced (see note))
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 1 bottle (750ml) white wine (see notes)
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine (see notes)
- Optional: Rosemary sprigs and cranberries (for garnish)
- Place lime, apple, cranberries and pomegranate seeds in a large pitcher. Pour vodka and white wine on top, then chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight (the longer it sits, the more intensely alcoholic the fruit gets. Up to you where you’re going with this.)
- When ready to serve, top with sparkling wine and serve over plenty of ice. I like to make little sticks of cranberries threaded on rosemary sprigs for garnish, for some reason my guests like stirring their sangria, ha!