With just 5 ingredients and only 5 minutes prep time, this easy Cranberry Glazed Turkey Slow Cooker Meatballs recipe is a real crowd pleaser at holiday parties and for football game day snacking. It uses 100% juice and honey for a healthier glaze.
A bit more than a year ago I bought my first slow cooker, ever. And one of the initial things I made with it was a crockpot meatball recipe (closely following a festive bread pudding and a healthy chili).
I was still on maternity leave and my husband had started the slow cooker before he left in the morning. I remember how I woke up an hour later and thought somebody had broken in and started cooking in our kitchen!
The entire house smelled of really, really good food.
Needless to say, those Sticky BBQ Slow Cooker Meatballs are one of the most popular recipes on Savory Nothings! So I thought it would be unfair not to give you a different version.
Things have changed in the past year though, and apparently I now have a little meatball appetizer lover at home.
After I photographed these I quickly went to check the pictures on my computer.
In the meantime, my sneaky toddler walked into the kitchen where I found her a minute later happily munching on one.
I love it when she eats my healthier recipes with joy though. Not that these crock pot meatballs are health food, but they’re made with turkey meat and no canned cranberry jelly whatsoever.
Instead the cranberry meatball glaze is made up of 100% juice, a bit of soy sauce and a little honey. If you leave out the dried cranberries, they’re entirely processed sugar free!
The best thing is how easy they are to make though. Prep takes 5 minutes, max.
You can use store-bought frozen meatballs, or you can make your own! I like to quadruple my recipe for how to make meatballs and stock my freezer with them.
And the rest of the work? Gets done by your slow cooker!
5 Ingredient Cranberry Glazed Turkey Slow Cooker Meatballs
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1 cup 100% cranberry-apple juice 250ml
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 16oz bag frozen fully-cooked turkey meatballs 450g
- 4 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries optional
- Combine the juice, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cornstarch on top and whisk it together well.
- Add the frozen meatballs to a 3.5-quart slow cooker. Pour the juice mixture on top and sprinkle with dried cranberries, if using.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the meatballs are hot in the middle. Remove the lid and finish cooking uncovered for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)