My slow cooker bread pudding with cranberries and walnuts is served with a homemade caramel sauce. This recipe is quick and easy to whip up in the crock pot – and it will add cozy smells from this traditional holiday dessert all around your home!
We love making desserts in the crock pot, because it’s SO easy and makes your home smell amazing for hours. For more easy slow cooker desserts, see my Crock Pot Apple Cobbler, my Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake or my Crock Pot Peach Cobbler!
This slow cooker bread pudding
- is super easy to make
- tastes absolutely delicious with all your holiday meals
- is served with an easy homemade caramel sauce for the ultimate treat!
Cranberry is such a favorite for the holidays, and I LOVE all the recipes you can make with it. Dried or fresh, I don’t care!
Some of my favorites include my Cranberry Orange Bread, my Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Bars and my Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!
Recipe tips and tricks
- make sure to keep checking on the bread pudding (try not to open the lid) after around 3 hours so it doesn’t burn (depends on how hot your crock runs)
- if you know your slow cooker heats unevenly (my very old one does!), rotate the crock (without opening the lid) every 30-60 minutes or so
- you can leave out the cranberries and walnuts if you prefer a plain bread pudding!
Can you make this in the oven?
Yes, you can.
Just place in a well-greased casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
More holiday desserts
PS If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section and add a star rating in the recipe card – I appreciate your feedback! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram.
Cranberry Walnut Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
For the Bread Pudding:
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of sea salt optional
To Make the Bread Pudding:
- Whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the cubed bread and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Grease the slow cooker well with the butter.
Add the cranberries and walnuts to the bread mixture and transfer everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
To Make The Caramel Sauce:
- Add the condensed milk, brown sugar and butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until bubbly and thickened. Add a pich of sea salt if you like. Serve warm with the hot bread pudding.
Add a Review or Ask a Question