This slow cooker bread pudding with cranberries and walnuts is served with a homemade caramel sauce – it’s sure to please!
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up. Making it in the crock pot will add cozy smells from this traditional holiday dessert all around your home!
We love making desserts in the crock pot, because it’s SO easy and makes your home smell amazing for hours. For more easy slow cooker desserts, see my Crock Pot Apple Cobbler, my Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake or my Crock Pot Peach Cobbler!
This Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- is super easy to make
- tastes absolutely delicious with all your holiday meals
- is served with an easy homemade caramel sauce for the ultimate treat!
Cranberry is such a favorite for the holidays, and I LOVE all the recipes you can make with it. Dried or fresh, I don’t care!
How to Make Crock Pot Bread Pudding:
Read on for the detailed steps, or scroll down for more tips to make this recipe foolproof and the printable recipe card.
1 – Cube the bread: First, you want to cut some bread into cubes. Around 1 inch cubes are fine!
We like using day-old brioche for this recipe, but any soft and light bread is fine.
2 – Soak the bread: Next, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Stop together with the bread and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
3 – Transfer to slow cooker: Grease a 4-5 quart slow cooker very well with butter.
Then, fold chopped walnuts and dried cranberries into the bread mixture and transfer everything into the prepared slow cooker.
4 – Cook on LOW: Cook the bread pudding on LOW for 3-4 hours. You can also cook it on HIGH for 1-2 hours if you’re in a hurry, but it does tend to burn on the high setting.
5 – Make the caramel sauce: Right before your bread pudding is ready, make the caramel sauce. It’s super simple with condensed milk, brown sugar and butter.
Just simmer until thickened – you can add a pinch of sea salt to make it lightly salted!
Tips for the Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding:
- make sure to keep checking on the bread pudding (try not to open the lid) after around 3 hours so it doesn’t burn (depends on how hot your crock runs)
- if you know your slow cooker heats unevenly (my very old one does!), rotate the crock (without opening the lid) every 30-60 minutes or so
- you can leave out the cranberries and walnuts if you prefer a plain bread pudding!
Can you make this in the oven?
Yes, you can.
Just place in a well-greased casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes:
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it?
I LOVE interacting with you and hearing about your experience with my recipe. Also, by adding a comment and star rating you’re helping Savory Nothings grow and get even better for you!
Get the printable recipe for my Crock Pot Bread Pudding here:
Cranberry Walnut Slow Cooker Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
For the Bread Pudding:
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of sea salt optional
To Make the Bread Pudding:
- Whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the cubed bread and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Grease the slow cooker well with the butter.
Add the cranberries and walnuts to the bread mixture and transfer everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
To Make The Caramel Sauce:
- Add the condensed milk, brown sugar and butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until bubbly and thickened. Add a pich of sea salt if you like. Serve warm with the hot bread pudding.