Slow Cooker Cranberry Walnut Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of vanilla powder OR a few drops vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the cubed bread and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Grease the slow cooker well with the butter.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts to the bread mixture and transfer everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
To Make the Caramel Sauce
- Add the butter, brown sugar and salt to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until bubbly and melted.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Serve warm with the hot bread pudding.