You don’t even need a bowl to make this slow cooker chocolate pudding cake! Everything comes together right in the crock pot for an extra-easy clean up!
You can either scroll through the entire post or jump straight to the sections by clicking the links below:
What You Need to Make This No Bowl Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
This is a super-easy bowl free cake recipe, so all you need is a small slow cooker – I ordered my Crockpot from Amazon*.
And a spatula (have you seen my favorite one yet?). Measuring cups and spoons would help, too.
But other than that – no mixer, no fancy nothings.
This is the ultimate staple dessert!
Apart from ice cream I probably have all the ingredients on hand 99% of the time.
It’s something I can always whip up when we’re hungry for a warm, chocolatey dessert.
And let’s be serious – that’s the case pretty much every day for me.
Do make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder, and not sweetened cacao or a hot chocolate drink mix.
Things to Watch Out For When Making This Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
That’s all I have to say for this recipe – don’t lift the slow cooker lid to take a peek before the time is up.
Apart from that I really don’t think anything could go wrong with this recipe 🙂
You can watch the recipe video here:
And here’s the printable slow cooker chocolate pudding cake recipe:
No Bowl Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- ice cream (optional but not really 🙂 )
- Mix the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir into an even batter.
- Sift the 1/4 cup cocoa powder over the top, sprinkle with the brown sugar and chocolate chips and finally pour the hot water on top. No stirring!
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with ice cream 🙂
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.