You don’t even need a bowl to make this slow cooker chocolate pudding cake! Everything comes together right in the crock pot for an extra-easy clean up!
Some days you just need the ultimate easy dessert – right? One that requires no fussing, no prepping and no collapsed cake fails 😉
I always turn to my crockpot chocolate pudding cake when I need something truly foolproof (and have a hankering for chocolate…): It really is the easiest dessert you’ll ever make!
Tips and tricks
Don’t lift the lid – that’s all I have to say for this recipe!don’t lift the slow cooker lid to take a peek before the time is up.
Apart from this I really don’t think anything could go wrong with this recipe 🙂
Watch the recipe video
More chocolate recipes
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 cup flour white OR whole wheat works
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- ice cream (optional but not really 🙂 )
- Mix the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir into an even batter.
- Sift the 1/4 cup cocoa powder over the top, sprinkle with the brown sugar and chocolate chips and finally pour the hot water on top. No stirring!
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with ice cream 🙂