Easiest Ever Chocolate Honey Cake
- 4.4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped, 125g
- 1/2 cup butter plus 1 tablespoon, 125g
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup runny honey 113g
- 3/4 cup milk 180ml
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 25g
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 190g
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the Ganache
- 10.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate 300g
- 1 cup cream 250ml
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the chocolate and butter and microwave until in 30 second bursts (stirring every time in between) until melted. This should take about 90 - 120 seconds.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined. Add the honey, milk and sugar and whisk well. Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake will rise quite a bit but it should NOT overflow. Once the baking time is up it will still feel very soft and it will also lose some height, especially in the center. But don't worry - it will be completely fine. Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the sides and allowing the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, level the top with a sharp knife. You shouldn't need to slice off too much and small differences in height can be made up for with ganache as well.
- Make the ganache by combining the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Gently heat over medium-low heat while stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon. Once the chocolate has completely melted and the mass is smooth, cool to room temperature before coating the cake. Allow the ganache to settle before slicing.