Here’s the printable recipe for your chicken mushroom pot pies adventure:
Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pies Recipe
- 3 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 pound chicken breast meat chopped
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ounce white wine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil in the pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and deglaze with the white wine.
- Whisk the flour into the milk to make a slurry. Pour over the mushrooms and cook until thickened. Stir in the butter and the chicken.
When Ready to Bake
- Preheat the oven to 390°F. Divide the filling between four ramekins or small baking dishes. Cut 8 circles slightly bigger than the dishes and top each pie with two pastry circles. Lightly brush with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.