Thai Spiced Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1.5 pounds large carrots cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste try 2 at first, then to taste
- 2.5 cups broth vegetable OR chicken
- 1.5 cup coconut milk
- Juice of a lime
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the shallots and carrots and cook until starting to soften, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and roast until fragrant. Pour in the broth and cook until the carrots are very soft, about 20 minutes. Blend using an immersion blender. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the lime juice. Serve with chopped cilantro.