How to make garlic butter shrimp pasta, super fast edition:
- Chop lotsa garlic and parsley, cook a pot of linguine. Prep DONE.
- Brown shrimp and set aside, covered (!!)
- In the same skillet, cook garlic and Italian seasoning in plenty of butter
- Add white wine, stock and lemon zest, quick simmer #1
- Add parmesan, cream and parsley, quick simmer #2
- Toss in linguine and spinach with a bit of reserved cooking water from the pasta
- Serve with shrimp, lemon juice, chili flakes and black pepper (freshly ground obvs)
It’s all I want in a fancy-yet-easy pasta:
- creamy and sexy and luscious
- full of flavour
- exciting with the heat from the chili and the zing from the lemon
- super quick and easy to make
- impressive enough for guests
Watch how to make my garlic butter shrimp pasta:
Get the recipe:
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 12 oz. pasta preferably linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp
- salt + freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- red pepper flakes and parmesan to serve optional
- Prep: Prep your ingredients. Set aside a plate and some foil to keep the cooked shrimp warm. Get a pot of water boiling for the pasta and make a colander ready in the sink for draining. IMPORTANT: Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water when draining the pasta!
- Cook the shrimp: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate and cover tightly with foil. Wipe the skillet.
- Cook the sauce: In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine and chicken stock. Add the lemon zest and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the parmesan, cream and parsley and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finish the dish: Add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet and toss. Add the spinach and toss until it's wilted, about 1 minute. Add reserved cooking water, a little at a time, and toss until the sauce is smooth and creamy and coats the pasta well. Toss in the shrimp. Serve ASAP with parmesan, black pepper, chili flakes and lemon juice.