This is one of the best recipes for salmon baked in foil! The honey garlic marinade tastes so good and the entire dish only needs 5 ingredients.
Here we’ll glaze the fish with a delicious mix of honey, soy sauce and fresh garlic. Then, wrap it in foil and baked in the oven, which only takes around 15 minutes. So easy!
This is a great Asian inspired dinner. Serve it with your favorite healthy sides for and easy family meal you can make in a pinch!
- Use a heavy-duty aluminium foil, or double up on it. You don’t want all of your sauce to leak out!
- You’ll notice I call for the wrapped salmon to be placed in a baking dish. I strongly recommend following this versus placing the salmon directly on the sheet pan. In case of a leak in the foil, you will only have to wash a baking dish and not an entire sheet pan.
- The exact cooking time depends a lot on the exact size and thickness of your salmon fillets, and if you’re using individual fillets or a whole side of salmon. I always recommend checking the internal temperature with a food thermometer to be on the safe side.
Baked salmon FAQs
According to the government’s food safety information, you need to cook salmon to 145°F to be safe for consumption. Get the full chart here.
If you don’t have any foil (or don’t want to use any), you can also use unwaxed parchment paper to make a pouch to cook your salmon in. Alternatively, you can cook the fish in any closed vessel that’s oven safe and just big enough to hold the fish (eg a casserole dish with a lid).
We enjoy this salmon with a side of rice or sesame noodles. I also serve some vegetables and a salad on the side.
More fish recipes
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Honey Garlic Salmon Baked in Foil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Place a large piece of aluminium foil in a shallow baking dish. Place the salmon fillets on the aluminium foil.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the salmon fillets.
- Wrap the foil over the salmon fillets, making a lose packet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked all the way through.