- Baking Sheet
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups M&Ms
- Make cookie dough: Add butter and both sugars to a bowl and beat on high speed until creamy (I use a hand mixer with the hook attachment so I don't overmix). Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed just until combined. Evenly sprinkle flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt over the creamed ingredients. Beat on low speed until combined into a cookie dough – do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms.
- Chill: Cover the bowl and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Bake: Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a few baking sheets. Scoop the cookies with a cookie scoop and set them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in batches for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies look set in the middle and are starting to lightly brown. Cookies will be very soft, do not overbake!
- Cool: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.