For the Fruit Mix:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium apples (cored and sliced into bite-sized pieces (peel if you want to, but I never do))
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries (OR raisins OR craisins)
- ¼ cup butter (sliced)
To Spray the Crock:
- nonstick cooking spray
For the Oats:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare fruit: Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Add apples and cranberries and toss well to coat. Spray a 3-4 quart slow cooker well with cooking spray (important!), then transfer the fruit mix to the crock. Evenly dot with the butter.
- Prepare oats: Add oats, water, apple juice and salt to the mixing bowl and stir very well, then pour over the fruit mixture in the slow cooker. Do not stir!
- Slow cook: Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Either stir before serving, or spoon to oatmeal into bowls and top with the fruit mixture. Serve with a splash of milk, if you like.