Quick Thai Shrimp Curry with Pineapple: vegetables and shrimp are cooked with a delicious coconut curry sauce, then served with fresh pineapple!
One of my all-time favorite meals to eat will always be coconut curry, and I especially love the combination of curry, shrimp and pineapple, as I’ve already proven in this stir fried rice.
Not too hot, please, because I’m wimpish like that. But nice and saucy and always with fresh fruit – just like the shrimp curry I’m sharing here.
How this recipe works
The recipe may sound a little involved, with the adding-to-the-pan-then-removing-again of the vegetables. But I promise, it’s extremely simple. I just like to do it this way to keep them nice and tender, instead of having them turn soggy in the sauce.
And the rest is, as they say, peanuts. Or rather coconuts in this case. Brown the shrimp, stir in the curry paste, add coconut milk and let it simmer for a little while. During this time you can cut up some pineapple (not, and I repeat, not optional), chop some cilantro and concentrate on your rice. Or whatever the cool kids eat with curry these days.
If some people at your dinner table like more heat than others, this Thai Shrimp Curry is really easily customizable by serving it with sliced chilis and/or chili flakes on the side. I like a few lime wedges for some zing as well, and if you have scallions that need using up – don’t hesitate to invite them to the party either.
We always serve curry with rice. I hear it’s also great with cauliflower rice, if you’re watching your carbs!
I like to pass some sliced chili, fresh cilantro and lime wedges at the table. Just for that little extra kick of flavor!
Try these recipes next
PS If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section and add a star rating in the recipe card – I appreciate your feedback! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Quick Thai Shrimp Curry with Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small-medium zucchinis diced
- 2 small-medium red peppers cut into strips
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (13.6 oz) can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 small pineapple
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate. Allow the pan to get hot again, add the red peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes as well, then remove and set aside.
- Adding a little more oil to the pan, fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the shrimp and cook until starting to brown. Stir in the curry paste, the coconut milk and the water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables to the sauce and continue simmering until everything is heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in the pineapple chunks.
- Serve with rice and your favorite curry toppings.