These Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers are easy to make and much healthier than getting takeout! The sauce is amazing – you HAVE to try it!
Are you seeing what I’m seeing? Delicious chicken tenders, conveniently put on skewers for some easy dipping action and then an amazing satay style peanut butter dip to go with it?
Yes? OK, in that case you’re seeing what I’m seeing. Delicious, right?
Can I tell you something completely unrelated? I’m totally live-blogging today. It’s Thursday morning, November 6th and 10am in Switzerland.
My baby girl just woke up and is happily giggling away next to me, looking at her musical mobile.
Ah, you want to know why I didn’t have a post all ready and scheduled for today?
Well, the thing is that. I’m not an organized person at all. Like, no. Really not at all. This wasn’t so much a problem so far.
Yes, I could have probably made things easier for myself by always filing all my paperwork, knowing exactly which bills to pay and color coding my notes.
But now with a baby? Oh dear, it’s all lashing back at me. It’s simply not possible to live life without organization when there’s a baby involved.
Granted, the first few weeks I was just busy with getting to know her and getting to know my way around her.
But now that changing a diaper no longer takes so much time that it’s feeding time again – I’m desperate to get myself organized!
And believe you me, I never thought I’d be the one saying this.
So guys, I need help! To date I have no idea how to keep my home clean and organized on a good schedule.
Right now I usually just tidy up when I can and then do a huge cleaning session when I get the time.But this is neither nice nor practical!
Does anyone have a good housekeeping schedule?
One that works with an almost 11 week old in tow? I’d really appreciate it. Also, all your knowledge on home organization and life organization in general!
Because I’m in serious trouble around here without anything getting done in time!
But housekeeping talk over, back to food. I hope you’re as big a thai peanut chicken fan as I am because this one. It’s so good you won’t believe your tastebuds.
And you know what? It’s so easy to whip up even I can make it.
Like, between putting my baby to bed and cleaning the kitchen. All you need to do is stir some peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and water together.
And pouf, a divine dipping sauce for some chicken skewers. It’s magic folks! The chicken itself is very basic too – put on skewers, grill, season. Done.
Right, my baby girl needs me. I’d suggest you go make yourself some amazing thai peanut sauce (aka satay sauce) to go with your chicken skewers for football tonight.
Or if you’re not a peanut fan (how dare you?!), make some Crispy Garlic Chicken.
NOTE: Recipe updated 08/03/2017 after complaints about it being too salty – you were all so very right, it was terrible, now it should taste a lot better. My apologies!
Chicken Skewers with Satay Style Peanut Sauce Recipe
For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders put on wooden skewers
- Salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste
- Oil for grilling
- Cilantro for garnish optional
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter I used all natural
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk OR water or a mix of both
- fresh chili, cayenne pepper or chili sauce to taste (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a grilling pan over medium high heat. Add some oil and grill the chicken skewers until done, about 7-8 minutes. Drizzle with soy sauce and grill for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Alternatively for a smoother sauce, place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blend with a stick blender. Add more coconut milk or water if the sauce seems too thick.
- Serve the hot chicken skewers with the peanut sauce.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)