An easy and healthy summer dinner, this Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken can be made on the grill or in the pan. It’s quick to pull together and full of fresh flavors!
What’s your favorite thing about summer?
Mine is definitely the easier dinners. Closely followed by having to put less clothes on my oh-so-fast 2.5 year old 😉
Some grilled meat, a salad and some pasta or bread – and summer dinner is done. So easy!
This recipe is no different. Quick to prep, full of fresh summer flavors and so delicious!
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken:
Can you prep this chicken ahead of time?
I prefer to marinate chicken for no longer than 15-20 minutes. But if you’re OK with extra-intense flavors (and possibly a little loss of texture), you can marinate the chicken up to overnight in the fridge.
Keep the remaining dressing in a closed container in the fridge, too.
The bruschetta topping is best made right before serving, but you can make the dressing up to 3 days in advance and keep it in the fridge.
How long do you cook chicken breasts on the grill?
It takes around 10-15 minutes to cook chicken on the grill.
Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill, close the lid and leave them for 5-7 minutes. Flip and finish cooking with the lid closed for another 5-7 minutes.
The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F at its thickest part to be safe to eat.
What if I want to make this Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken on the stove?
You can easily make this recipe on the stove. Either use a grill pan or a regular skillet.
Add a little oil to the hot skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet.
Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes, until browned on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
Again, the chicken’s internal temperature should reach 165°F at its thickest part.
What do you serve with grilled bruschetta chicken for dinner?
We like this with some crusty bread (like my No Knead Bread!) or over pasta.
But it’s also delicious with an assortment of summer salads on the side!
Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar optional for a sweeter dressing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the topping:
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- parmesan cheese shavings to serve
- Prepare dressing: Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar (if using), minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Marinate chicken: Place chicken breasts in a sealable bag along with ⅓ of the prepared dressing (set remaining dressing aside). Close bag well and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cook chicken: Heat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). Grill until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of your chicken). (See notes for stovetop instructions.)
- Make topping: While chicken is cooking, combine diced tomatoes, red onion and basil with remaining balsamic dressing.
- Serve: Spoon bruschetta topping over grilled chicken and top with parmesan shavings to serve.