- 1 pound mixed nuts (use roasted if you prefer; I usually just use plain)
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- salt (to taste)
- Prep: Heat slow cooker on high setting for 15 minutes before adding nuts.
- Cook on high: Add nuts to hot crock, drizzle with butter, powdered sugar and spices and stir until completely coated. Cover and cook on high setting for 15 minutes.
- Cook on low: Reduce heat to low setting. Remove lid and cook, uncoverd, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until nuts are toasted and well coated. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Cool: Transfer nuts to a rimmed baking pan in a single layer and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.