made it? tap the stars to add your rating!
Yield: 1 pound
Ready In: 3 hrs 40 mins
If I had to pick one snack recipe to eat for the rest of my life… I'm pretty sure this would be it. I love nothing more than the combination of sweet and salty flavors, and my Crockpot Cinnamon Nuts deliver in that department on all accounts.Check out my recipe notes if you want to add some heat or an even more savory kick, and then hide the slow cooker from yourself as these cook, because otherwise you're going to eat them all while they're cooking.
- 1 pound mixed nuts (use roasted if you prefer; I usually just use plain)
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- salt (to taste)
Add Your Review
- Prep: Heat slow cooker on high setting for 15 minutes before adding nuts.
- Cook on high: Add nuts to hot crock, drizzle with butter, powdered sugar and spices and stir until completely coated. Cover and cook on high setting for 15 minutes.
- Cook on low: Reduce heat to low setting. Remove lid and cook, uncoverd, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until nuts are toasted and well coated. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Cool: Transfer nuts to a rimmed baking pan in a single layer and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
Add a Review or Ask a Question