- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (large ones cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix (or your favorite dried herbs and garlic powder)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Pressure cook: Place 1 cup water in the inner pot of your instant pot. Set a trivet or steamer basket in the inner pot and place the potatoes on top. Close the lid, set the valve to "sealing" and select "pressure cook" (or "manual" on some models). Set the timer to 3 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure, then the timer will start counting down.
- Release pressure: Once the cooking time is up, do a 5 minute pressure release (just switch off the instant pot and leave it alone). Then, release any remaining pressure manually according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Drain: Drain the potatoes and remove the trivet. Rinse the inner pot in hot water to remove any starch residue (no need to scrub it, just rinse it once), then place the potatoes back in and fit it into the instant pot.
- Sauté: Set the instant pot to "sauté" and add the butter and seasoning mix. Toss well to evenly coat the potatoes with butter, then brown until the potatoes are lightly crispy – watch closely so they don't burn, then serve immediately.