Well, heeello! Let me start our convo with a VIM (Very Important Message, duh) today: This avocado egg salad is absolutely mind blowing.
It’s also a confession, but more on that later, because first things first:
This special egg salad is glow inducing, goddess feels evoking, good vibes giving, green clean and lean. Only I don’t even care about all of that – OK, maybe I do care a little, but most importantly: It tastes so amazing.
As in, get up right now, boil eggs, mash with avos, indulge in absolute bliss.
FYI: There is not a single drop of mayo to be seen here. Mayo does not have its place in bliss town.
Instead we have:
- eggs, obviously
- avocado for creaminess
- tasty fresh herbs
- lemon juice because zing
- salt + pepper
Does that sound glow inducing or what?! I could eat this entire bowl by myself, any day, any time.
Now about that confession thing…
While we’re all in this momentary state of bliss, I just want to acknowledge the fact that this post has been a long time coming. If you were to check the data of these images, it would tell you that they were taken in… Uhm, March or April?
Let’s just say that I am not always the best at sharing things or believing in the things I do as head foodie here at Savory Nothings. My self-esteem is kind of not the highest and my levels of self-doubt are… Almost obnoxious?
I’m working on it, promise. So don’t be mad at me that I’m sharing this recipe that was supposed to be Easter-inspo so late in the year. Now that all you really want is Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas baking and carb-festival extraordinaire.
#sorrynotsorry it just is too good of a recipe to keep a secret. Also, I promised myself to believe in what I create, sooo… You’re suffering the consequences.
Lucky for you, the consequence today is this avocado egg salad recipe. It truly is mind-blowing, because how can 5 basic ingredients taste so good together?
I am not a heavy egg salad girl. Usually, I make mine with Greek yogurt and be done with it. But since I discovered the magic that avocados work in there?
I’ve made it so many times over the course of this year, I cannot even tell you without blushing a little. Almost more often than my fave scrambled eggs ?
We’re talking about the freshest, most interesting and edgy little number here. My kids love it. Brani loves it. My friends love it. I scream, you scream, we all scream for avocado egg salad.
No, really. Someone needs to write that song. It is nothing short of mind-blowing.
Go find yourself some eggs and avos and get on with it ASAP.
Mad food crush vibes right here ♡
Mind Blowing Avocado Egg Salad
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful chives chopped
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juice only
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cook the eggs: Place the eggs in cold water, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a low simmer. Switch off after 8 minutes, leave in the water for an additional 3-4 minutes. Rinse under cold water and carefully peel.
- Make the salad: Place the eggs with the avocado and herbs in a medium bowl. Add some of the lemon juice and some seasoning. Mash with a fork until chunky-soft. (I mean, if you want it to be super-smooth you can go there, but I like it a little more chunky.) Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Grab spoon and eat. You're welcome.