Watch this video for how to make overnight oats! It’s a strawberry version, but the technique is exactly the same for Carrot Cake Overnight Oats!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are a simple, healthy breakfast recipe you can prep the night before. Put them on your meal plan next week – they’re so delicious!
I know, I know, I know.
And I was mind blown. MIND BLOWN!
These carrot cake overnights are everything I ever wanted from a quick and easy breakfast.
- The coconut and walnuts probably help with the overall carrot cake feeling, but I’m in love with them either way.
- I love that I can add some vegetables to breakfast, but it will still kind of feel like dessert. And I LOVE that my kids eat this like the two little crazy people they are.
- You could also add raisins for extra sweetness, they’ll plump up and get all delicious. I was just out the day I photographed this recipe ?
Now I know pineapple is a favorite I gradient in carrot cake… But please don’t add any fresh pineapple to overnight oats!
Just like in fruit salad with yogurt-based dressings, you shouldn’t add fresh pineapple to overnight oats.
Enzymes in the fruit will react with the yogurt/milk and make your oats very bitter and metallic. Boo.
Otherwise, these are super simple to make. Busy mom approved for sure ?
How to make carrot cake overnight oats:
This is almost too simple to call a recipe, but here goes:
- Stir all ingredients together
- Refrigerate overnight
- Serve cold
Seriously, SO easy!!
A few extra tips:
Do I have to use chia in these?
No, you can absolutely make overnight oats without chia seeds!
Just add 2 more tablespoons of oats and use a little less milk. They will be less creamy, but still delicious.
Can I make a large batch?
Yes, you can absolutely multiply the recipe to feed a crowd. I do it all the time when we have people over for breakfast.
You don’t have to spoon them into jars, either. You can just refrigerate them in a large, covered bowl.
What if they don’t turn out the way I want them to?
If the overnight oats are too dry/sticky in the morning, just add a splash of milk or some more Greek yogurt.
If they’re too runny, add some chia or oats, then stir and wait for 5 minutes.
Are you going to try adding carrots to your overnight oats?
Let me know in the comments what you think!
Get the printable recipe for these carrot cake overnight oats here:
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 small carrot finely shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped walnuts plus extra for topping
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut plus extra for topping
- Handful of raisins optional
- Stir all ingredients together very well.
- Divide between jars and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight, then serve cold topped with extra coconut and walnuts.