Watch this video to see how to make overnight oats! This is a strawberry version, but the technique is the same for the Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats.
Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats are an easy, healthy breakfast you can prep ahead of time for easier mornings! Made with simple ingredients you probably have on hand already, these can be put together in no time to chill in the fridge overnight. Put them on your meal plan for next week – your family will love them!
I think by now you’ll know I take any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast.
I’m beginning to think I may have an obsession with the whole chocolate/banana combo… Not a bad obsession to have though, if you ask me 😉
Since my kids l-o-v-e chocolate chips in their hot oatmeal, I figured they’d love them in overnight oats, too. I was not wrong. Gone in seconds!
These Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats are such a great breakfast option!
- Easy to prep the night before
- Great to feed a crowd, but easy to make for just one, too!
- Full of healthy ingredients that keep you full all morning – and a sprinkling of chocolate for the soul 😉
I don’t advocate eating chocolate for breakfast every single day (good thing there’s also things like blueberry overnight oats or carrot cake overnight oats, right?), but sometimes a few bits of chocolate help make a terrible morning slightly sweeter.
The best thing about overnight oats though is that they’re ready instantly in the morning. My kids are so cranky when they get up because they’re hungry.
If I prepped oats the night before, all I have to do is pull them out of the fridge.
Also, these are incredibly simple to put together. Mom win!
How to make these Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats:
It really couldn’t be any simpler.
- Stir all ingredients together
- Cover and chill in the fridge overnight
- Serve cold
Yep, really that easy!
Some extra tips:
Can you make overnight oats without chia seeds?
Yes, you definitely can! I do it all the time. I just add 2 extra tablespoons of oats and use a little less milk.
They get less creamy without chia, but still absolutely delicious.
Can you make a large batch?
Overnight oats are perfect to feed a crowd! You can just multiply the recipe for however many portions you need.
No need to spoon into individual jars – you can chill your big batch in a large bowl, so everyone can serve themselves in the morning!
What if my overnight oats don’t turn out right?
They are easy to fix if the consistency is off in the morning!
If they’re too dry, just stir in a little extra milk or Greek yogurt.
If they’re too liquid-y, add a little more oats or chia seeds, stir well and wait for 5 minutes.
Are you going to add some sweetness to your mornings by adding these Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats to your rotation?
You really should 😉 Let me know in the comments what you think!
Get the printable recipe to make these banana chocolate chip overnight oats here:
Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 small banana chopped (plus extra for serving, if you like)
- 2 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips plus extra for serving, if you like
- Stir all ingredients together very well.
- Divide between jars and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight, then serve cold topped with extra fruit.