This Pumpkin Bread recipe makes simple treat, totally from scratch, that will make you feel like Pioneer Woman herself 😉 Don’t skip this classic fall quick bread this year – for Halloween, Thanksgiving or just because! Makes two loaves, so you’ll have one as a cozy homemade gift idea.
I have a thing for pumpkin goodies for cozy autumn weekend brunches. And I know you do, too. Because the pumpkin waffles here in the Savory Nothings archives? They make the site explode each fall.
For us, the cozy weekend mornings are our little fall “tradition” and I’m sure this golden-orange bread (click here for the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, if that’s more your style; or try my Pumpkin Coffee Cake to feed a crowd!) will be the star of your autumn mornings, too.
My 5 year old actually doesn’t like anything cakey, so I’m usually stuck whipping up a batch of Pumpkin Scones along this bread – I know, the horror 😉
Pumpkin bread is tasty by itself or with a pat of butter, but life wouldn’t be fun if we couldn’t make it extra special. We love it served with a mug of hot apple cider and a topping of homemade whipped cream for a wonderful treat.
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a review below to let me know how you liked it? You just have to tap the stars below to add your voting!
Cinnamon Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Bread
For the streusel
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup cold butter
For the pumpkin bread
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 15- oz. can pumpkin
- ½ cup melted butter
Make the streusel:
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped nuts in a medium bowl. Add the butter and crumble it into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until there are no more flecks of dry flour and small crumbs form. Cover and refrigerate.
Make the pumpkin bread:
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and line TWO 9×5 inch loaf pans.
NOTE!! This recipe makes TWO LOAVES. Please use TWO 9×5 INCH LOAF PANS, if you bake this recipe in one pan, your bread will NOT cook – if you only have one pan, this recipe is fine to halve.
- Combine dry ingredients: Stir together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: Whisk eggs, sugar, pumpkin and melted butter together in a measuring jug.
- Make the batter: Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and fold in just until combined, do not overmix!
- Bake: Evenly divide the batter between the TWO prepared loaf tins and evenly sprinkle each with the chilled streusel. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool: Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing the breads onto a wire rack to cool completely.