No excuses there! Go make yourself some pretty and swirly cinnamon rolls!
Cinnamon Roll Swirls Recipe
- 1 cup batch basic yeast dough using milk as the liquid and adding 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Melted butter for brushing
For the Glaze
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare the yeast dough: Make a batch of dough according to directions, using milk as the liquid and adding 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Roll out dough and spread with cinnamon and butter: Once the dough has risen roll it out into a large rectangle (about 20x12 inches). Spread it with the softened butter. Mix the sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle it evenly on the dough.
- Prep: At this point, preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Shape rolls: Roll the rectangle up from the longer side to end up with a 20 inch long log. Seal the overlap by pinching with your fingertips. Cut the log into six even pieces. Seal both ends by pinching the dough together. Gently roll the small logs to make them a bit longer and then set them down on the seam. Make several diagonal incisions, making sure not to cut all the way through. Open up the rolls like a fan and set them down on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake: Brush the tops with butter and bake for 35-40 minutes, brushing again with butter halfway through. Cool on a wire rack.
- Glaze: To make the glaze whisk together all ingredients until smooth and drizzle over the warm cinnamon rolls. Best served warm but they still taste amazing the day after!