Are you in need of easy party appetizer ideas for the busy fall and holiday season? This crispy and sticky garlic chicken recipe is just what you’re looking for!
Who loves a good appetizer?! I most definitely do. Here, I’m breading nuggets of chicken breast to fry in a skillet. Then I’m covering them in a sweet Asian inspired glaze with garlic, honey and soy sauce – so, so good!
Also, just as an aside… I say appetizer, but really? They work just as well for dinner over rice!
Tips and tricks
- make sure to bread the chicken exactly as outlined in the recipe below – this is the BEST way for a crispy coating that actually sticks.
- if you’d rather bake the chicken, feel free to follow the steps in my baked chicken nuggets (click here for the recipe). Then, coat the baked nuggets in the sauce from this recipe!
- if you’re put off by fish sauce, just skip it! You can also use a little bit of Worcestershire sauce in its place, if you want.
If you serve these as a party appetizer, you don’t need much with them! Sprinkle them with chopped cilantro or chopped green onion if you like.
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Crispy Garlic Chicken
For the Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
To Make the Sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until starting to thicken. Set aside until all the chicken is done.
To Make the Chicken
- Pat the chicken dry. To a shallow dish add the flour. Whisk the eggs together in a second dish and put the breadcrumbs into a third. To bread the chicken coat it first with flour, then with eggs and finally with breadcrumbs. (For a more thorough tutorial on how to correctly bread chicken to give it a nice crispy coating check out this post.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil and cook the chicken in batches for 6-8 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Add all the cooked chicken into the pan and pour the sauce over it. Toss until everything is coated and the sauce has thickened to a syrupy consistency.