5 Tips to Make These Easy Stuffed Mushrooms an Amazing Success:
- Do chop the garlic, onion and mushroom stems quite finely. It’s worth the extra effort, because the filling will be more evenly distributable between he mushroom caps.
- If you don’t like using butter, just use olive oil. But PSA: Butter is delicious.
- The cooked filling should be a bit mushy and moistened (sorry) everywhere. Definitely add more butter/oil if there’s dry breadcrumbs left.
- If you want your stuffing to crisp up more, don’t press it all the way down into the mushrooms, but leave it more lose.
- You can add more parmesan to the filling, but I don’t recommend sprinkling the stuffed mushrooms with it – the full-on exposure to the heat in the oven easily burns it.
Grab the Easy Stuffed Mushrooms recipe:
Garlic Parmesan Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound whole button mushrooms I used brown ones
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning I used a herb mix without added salt
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to serve (optional)
- Prep the mushrooms: Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms. Set the caps aside and chop the stems finely.
- Sauté the mushroom stems: Melt the butter in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and gently cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Finish the filling: Add the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning to the mushrooms in the pan and stir well, to coat everything with butter. if it seems dry, add a little more butter. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, take off the heat and stir in the parmesan, parsley and salt and pepper (if needed). Then set aside to cool.
- Stuff and bake the mushroom caps: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Evenly distribute the filling between the mushroom caps, pushing it slightly down as you fill them. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with nonstick silicone mats and bake until the top is browned, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve: Serve hot or warm, with a bit of lemon juice if you like.