Instant Pot Mushroom Pork Chops are a quick and easy dinner recipe. You can even cook the chops from frozen and they’re still ready in no time at all!
I don’t think it’s a secret that I’m in love with pork chops in the instant pot.
It’s only fitting to add another way to switch things up, don’t you agree?
Instant Pot Mushroom Pork Chops
I’ll be honest: I didn’t love pork chops before I discovered how tender they turn out in the Instant Pot.
But now? One of my favorite budget-friendly protein options for dinner.
- they take no time to cook at all in the instant pot
- they turn out SO tender
- even the kid who’s picky about meat likes them
Yep, firm favorite.
Tips for the most delicious pork chops:
Can I cook frozen pork chops in my instant pot?
Yes, you can!
You’ll have to skip the browning and cook them 4-5 minutes longer than the recipe says.
The pot will also take a little longer to come to pressure with the frozen meat.
What if my pork chops are still a little tough?
If you have thicker cut pork chops or cooked from frozen, your chops might still need a little extra time.
Just close the instant pot again and cook them for another 2-3 minutes.
Also, make sure you do the 5 minute natural pressure release. It helps the meat fibers to relax, which makes it more tender.
What if I want to double the recipe?
You can double the recipe. There shouldn’t be any need to increase the cooking time by much, because the pressure cooks the meat evenly.
Make sure the chops are evenly spread out and overlap as little as possible.
Start with the recommended cooking time, then check the meat for doneness after opening the instant pot and pressure cook for another 1-2 minutes if necessary.
What goes well for dinner with these pork chops?
We love anything that mops up the delicious sauce!
- mashed potatoes
- egg noodles
A side of glazed carrots or a tangy side salad are a nice addition, too!
Get the printable recipe here:
Instant Pot Mushroom Pork Chopsmade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pound brown button mushrooms (halved or quartered if large)
- 2-3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ – ⅓ cup cream cheese (sour cream OR heavy cream)
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add stock, soy sauce, mustard, and dried herbs, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot. Stir in the mushrooms.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” on high for 8 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of cornstarch and 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.