These light and fluffy pancakes are so thick and pillowy, nobody will believe you they weren’t made from scratch! Thanks to a pancake mix they are fast and easy to prepare.
You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging with this awesome three ingredient whipped honey butter and then not share something to go with it, right? I could never be that mean.
When I became a mom I kind of stopped making cooked or otherwise adventurous breakfasts and stuck to either toast or microwaved oatmeal.
And I have to admit – I lately discovered the awesomeness of pancake mixes.
First I used the shake and pour kind of mixes because it really doesn’t get any quicker.
Food blogger shame? Maybe a little.
But pancakes & waffles for breakfast top anything, everyone knows that. Right?
Now that Baby Savory enjoys sitting in her high chair
watching me cook needing to peak in all my bowls, I’m daring to go with the “normal” mix and give it my own twist with a few tweaks.
The recipe I’m sharing here is our new summer favorite, full of peachy and creamy goodness.
The cream cheese makes them a bit sturdier so they turn out perfectly light and fluffy – and they stay that way, no collapsing here!
There’s nothing worse than taking light and fluffy pancakes out of your pan, only to have them shrink to a sad pile of flat disks before you get the chance to serve them.
Serve them with a generous pat of whipped honey butter, sliced peaches and a drizzle of honey – nobody will ever believe they are made using a pancake mix!
Light and Fluffy Pancakes with Peaches
- 2 peaches peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups pancake mix
- Whipped honey butter liquid honey and additional peaches, to serve
- Combine the chopped peaches with the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Preheat a large griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Whisk the milk, cream cheese, eggs and oil together until well combined. Add the pancake mix to a large bowl and stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined. Do not over-mix, a few lumps are fine!
- Pour the batter on your griddle or frying pan, 1/4 cup at a time. Immediately sprinkle each pancake with about a tablespoon of the peaches. Cook until bubbles appear on top, then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve drizzled with honey and topped with sliced peaches and whipped honey butter.
Things you need to make this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small amount of money if you shop by clicking them. It will not cost more for you. Thank you for supporting Savory Nothings!