This one pot garlic butter parmesan mushroom pasta is a simple weeknight dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes with barely any effort! Made with spaghetti, mushrooms, dried herbs, garlic, butter and cheese.
Quick to prep and on the table in less than 30 minutes, it is sure to please the entire family.
Serve it as-is or add some chicken and a side salad with it. This meal works SO great – an absolute go to recipe!
You should know that I’m pretty obsessed with one pot pasta.
I have shared so many recipes already here on the site, maybe I should just name it “The One Pot Pasta Blog”. There’s this One Pot Black Bean Enchilada Pasta I just shared a couple weeks ago.
I also have this suuuuper popular One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta.
I could go on, but I’ll let you find them all by yourself 😉
The reason I’m so in love with these things? It’s pretty simple, actually:
I can make them with two whining kids in the kitchen without breaking a serious sweat.
There, I said it. Making dinner with two hungry/tired/blah tinies in tow makes me sweat and cry and just generally gives me the Heebie Jeebies.
Apart from being busy with work, kids, a house and regular hair washings (hey, it takes a lot of time to wash hair), I just… Don’t have hours to spend cooking right now.
So I always make sure to plan for plenty of one pot pastas every week.
This one is an evergreen around here, it’s one of my absolute go-to meals (along with this One Pot Pea and Corn Pasta, by the way). I could probably cook it with my eyes closed by now.
It’s so easy, seriously. You’ll love it just for that – and then once more for the amazing garlic butter and parmesan flavors!
<h2>You barely need to do anything to make this One Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Mushroom Pasta:</h2>
Cook some mushrooms with a little garlic (OK, a lot of garlic).
Add seasoning, liquid and pasta. Cook.
Make it creamy by adding ALL the yummies: Butter (the real thing), cream cheese and parmesan.
Eat . (Generally my favorite step in any recipe.)
Watch the One Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Mushroom Pasta recipe video here, or scroll down for the printable recipe.
Here’s the printable recipe for this One Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Mushroom Pasta:
One Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Mushroom Pastamade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (or double, if you want a lot of mushrooms!)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water, stock or milk
- 1 pound spaghetti (uncooked)
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 3-6 oz cream cheese (use more or less depending on desired creaminess) (OR soft goat cheese)
- 3 ounces finely grated parmesan
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs, salt, liquid and spaghetti. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Stir in the butter, cream cheese and parmesan. Serve immediately.