You’ll love this tropical Pineapple Mango Smoothie – it’s quick and easy with just 5 ingredients. Plus the SECRET to making a non-bitter pineapple smoothie!
Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits, but it’s even better in a smoothie!
This is the perfect refreshing drink on a hot summer day, and my kids like this better than ice cream!
Ever had a smoothie with pineapple turn out bitter, though? Read on to learn my SECRET to making a pineapple smoothie without any weird aftertastes!
How to Make a Delicious Pineapple Mango Smoothie:
So here’s my big secret:
Make your pineapple smoothie without yogurt!
I cannot stress this enough: NO dairy in a smoothie with pineapple!
The pineapple has some certain enzymes in it that break up dairy, which turns it incredibly gross and bitter.
That’s why I never add dairy to anything with fresh pineapple. The only solution is to use canned pineapple!
Instead, you’ll be using pineapple or orange juice for your liquid, and frozen mango to make the smoothie creamy.
Can you freeze fresh pineapple for smoothies?
If you catch fresh pineapple on a great sale, you should snag up some extra and freeze it for smoothies!
Peel, core and dice the pineapple before bagging it up into freezer friendly containers.
Label with the name and use-by date (freeze for up to 6 months), then place in your freezer until ready to use.
How do you make a thick smoothie?
If you’re worried about a thin smoothie because there’s no yogurt in this:
- Make sure the fruit is frozen, and do not defrost it before blending
- Blend in some ice cubes
- Even better: Freeze some fruit juice in ice cube trays and use that in addition to the liquid juice in your smoothie!
Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Blend in some ice cubes if the smoothie is too thin for your liking. Serve cold.