Strawberry Banana Smoothie is a creamy and delicious smoothie for breakfast, as a snack or any time you need a healthy refreshment! It’s easy to make and super kid-friendly, too.
My three year old is generally amazing with eating fruit and veggies (she LOVES leafy green salads, how is that even possible?!).
But lately I’ve been having the hardest time getting her to drink smoothies (maybe because I made so many green smoothies in the winter, haha!).
Of course I don’t force her to drink them, but sometimes it would just be so convenient if I didn’t have to make an extra snack for her.
So I figured something out: Make the smoothie pink and she loves it.
We’re in the whole pink/purple/princess phase right now, so it works super well.
Also, she’s obsessed with raspberries and strawberries (if you’ve been following my Instagram stories, you’ll know we were just on a streak of oatmeal with raspberries and chocolate chips for breakfast).
This smoothie (as well as my raspberry mango one!) hits all the right notes: It’s full of delicious strawberries, has a nice pink hue and is totally fit for a princess.
Bonus points: It’s absolutely delicious!
My best tips to make this strawberry banana smoothie foolproof:
- If you have fresh strawberries instead of frozen, add about 1/2 cup of ice to the smoothie.
- This makes a mild and sweet smoothie, perfect for kids. If you don’t like yours too sweet, leave out the honey.
- This smoothie tastes delicious with either milk or juice as the liquid. Milk makes it creamy and milkshake-y and juice makes it more fruity. We like orange juice or fresh whole milk best.
This is our new favorite smoothie to make – picky smoothie-drinker friendly, easy, flavorful – and, of course, pink 😉
Get the printable strawberry banana smoothie recipe:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk OR water OR fruit juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice optional
- Add all ingredients to a strong blender and blend until creamy.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)