- 1 (10-12oz) package frozen strawberries (can also use fresh hulled, but then add 4-6 ice cubes as well)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Greek vanilla, but regular works, too (plain is also fine!))
- ½ cup milk (or more to taste (any kind works – skim, 2%, whole, almond))
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR honey OR white sugar)
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
Step by Step Recipe Video
Ingredient Notes:Yogurt: As noted in the recipe, Greek vanilla, regular vanilla, Greek plain or regular plain all work. I’m sure strawberry flavored yogurt would work as well. If you don’t want to use yogurt, feel free to sub in 1 large banana. Milk: I like this best with whole milk (what do the cool kids say these days – because I’m extra?), but any fat percentage is OK. For dairy free options, you can use almond milk. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk sounds perfect for this one. Strawberries: If you’re using fresh instead of frozen, go for about 12oz. Make sure to rinse them well and hull them before adding. Actually, I always rinse frozen strawberries really well, too. You know, hygiene and stuff. Maple syrup: Entirely optional, but much loved by my children 😉
More recipe informationJoin my Newsletter to Get Recipes in Your Inbox
For more smoothie making tips, see my post on the 101 of fruit smoothies here!