A quick and easy weeknight dinner, this One Pot Tuscan Bean and Sausage Gnocchi recipe only needs 15 minutes of prep time. You’ll only have one pot to wash as well, so clean up is done in a matter of minutes.
Watch the One Pot Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Gnocchi recipe video:
The homemade sauce is full of delicious Italian flavors and packs a healthy amount of fresh vegetables, like spinach and tomatoes.
To finish the dish is baked like a casserole, which gives you time to set the table totally stress-free – so you can actually sit down and feel RELAXED.
Are you a fan of gnocchi? Those cute little potato dumplings. I know you love them, right?
I most definitely do. Toddler friendly, quick to cook, just open the package… Wait. Backupbackupbackup.
Yes. I know.
I mean, sure. You could make gnocchi from scratch. I used to, all the time. And not just for myself.
I used to work as a nanny for a family who went crazy for gnocchi. They also had two teenage sons. To say my gnocchi productions there where nothing short of epic would be the understatement of the century.
In some ways I miss having these times, but in others I know they will come back.
We’re currently loving packaged gnocchi with a toddler and a baby in the house. But just imagine what it will be like in 10 years, when I can show my kids how to turn a few simple potatoes into a steaming dish of wonderful.
And when we’ll sit down to dig in? I’ll probably be sentimental about all the times I threw together a quick meal of ready-made-gnocchi.
This One Pot Tuscan White Bean Sausage Gnocchi recipe is one of our current favorites.
It’s quite similar to the casserole I used to make with homemade gnocchi back in the day, but it’s much (like, way much) quicker.
We like to use just regular Gnocchi like these you can get on Amazon* for this recipe, but use whatever kind your family loves.
There’s a decent enough amount of fresh vegetables in this dish as well, which is an incredibly proven way to reduce the guilt around using packaged foods (please note: no actual research was conducted to come to this conclusion).
One thing I have an issue with is one pot gnocchi turning into bland mush. That’s why you’ll be using a generous amount of herbs here, along with pouring the water into the pot just before finishing the meal in the oven. This will keep you from constantly stirring, which would help release the starch in the gnocchi and turn your dinner into wet cement.
But if you follow the instructions and manage to keep yourself from stirring to much (it’s hard, I know!), you’ll be rewarded with a healthy, tasty and saucy pot of family dinner awesomeness.
I’d suggest you add this to your list of one pot gnocchi recipes to try – but I decided against suggesting. I’m urging you, because that’s exactly how tasty this easy dinner recipe is.
Get the printable recipe for this One Pot Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Gnocchi dinner:
One Pot Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Gnocchi
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Italian sausages cut into rounds
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 can white beans
- 1 package gnocchi
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1.5 ounces parmesan or pecorino cheese finely grated
- 1 can water
- Preheat your oven to 430°F.
- Pour the oil into a large oven-save pot and heat it over medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 2-3 minutes, then add the sausage and cook until browned.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and diced pepper to the pot and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, Italian herbs and season to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the beans, gnocchi, spinach and cheese.
- Fill the empty can of diced tomatoes with water and pour it into the pot. Resist the urge to stir too much, because it will make the outside of the gnocchi mushy. Just make sure that all gnocchi are covered with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.