This Skinny Crunchy Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast is the perfect fall breakfast. Coated with pecans and served with maple syrup for an extra-special treat! With video tutorial before the written instructions.
We love decadent fall breakfasts around here, especially if they involve a super easy French toast recipe.
I’ve always been a fan of stuffing French toast, as I’ve shown with my Skinny Crunchy Strawberry Stuffed French Toast and my Cinnamon Orange Stuffed French Toast with Cranberry Sauce in the past.
But I was still missing a version with pumpkin, which is what I decided to whip up for us one morning.
Needless to say, it became an instant hit. And it’s a great way to sneak some veggies into my tiny picky eater!
I decided to serve this with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Not only do they add a great pop of color, they also nicely balance the soft and creamy filling of this Skinny Crunchy Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast with their tartness.
And you can’t ever go wrong with extra maple syrup, either!
This really is a very straight-forward and simple stuffed French toast recipe, but it’s entirely decadent and scrumptious!
The pecan coating adds a great crunch, plus it delivers lots of good fats.
I used whole wheat bread and low fat dairy to keep this Skinny Crunchy Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast recipe on the healthy side.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it just as much as we did!
Here’s the video instructions:
Skinny Crunchy Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast
- 4 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or more (optional)
- non-stick cooking spray
- more maple syrup and pomegranate kernels to serve (optional)
- Mix the greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl. Spread on four slices of bread and sandwich the remaining slices on top, pressing the edges to seal them.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a shallow dish. Add the chopped pecans to a plate. Dip each sandwich first into the egg mixture and then into the pecans, making sure it is evenly coated everywhere.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray and cook each sandwich on both sides until browned and crispy.
- Serve with additional maple syrup and pomegranate if you like.