- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 – 2 pounds beef chuck roast (cut into strips)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ pound mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12-oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 8-oz pot sour cream
- Brown beef: Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot to sauté and melt butter in inner pot. Working in 3 batches, brown beef. Remove beef to a plate and set aside.
- Start gravy: Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme to inner pot and cook until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour for one minute, then stir in beef broth and Worcester sauce, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Stir meat back in.
- Pressure cook: Close lid, set valve to „sealing“ and cook on „manual“ or „pressure cook“ setting for 12 minutes. Once time is up, let stand for 5 minutes, then quick release pressure.
- Cook noodles: Open pressure cooker and stir in dry egg noodles. Close lid and set valve to „sealing“. Cook on „manual“ or „pressure cook“ mode for 3 more minutes. Quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Finish dish: Open lid. Stir in sour cream, check for seasoning and serve immediately.