Are you looking for a Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread recipe for spring and summer? This one is bursting with berries and made with healthy Greek yogurt.
Lemon and Blueberry is one of my favorite flavor combinations for spring and summer.
It’s just so refreshing and reminds me of breakfasts eaten on the porch in the first gleams of the sun.
My toddler just so happens to love blueberries, too. Or “buebewwies”, in her own words. She’s a pretty good talker (all day, every day ?), but some words just make her tongue stumble. ❤
This one is actually the fresh and fruity part of my How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Plus 4 Flavors) post, where you can hop if you’d like to see detailed instructions on how to make whole wheat banana bread that tastes delicious, and watch a fun instructional video!
Now baked goods with blueberries can be a bit tricky sometimes, because blueberries can be so juicy.
If you’re concerned about having dense spots around your blueberries (I’m usually not because I’m lazy like that), you can toss them in some extra flour before folding them into the batter.
If you’re as happy as I am about one less bowl to wash and one less step to take, simply make sure they’re dry when you add them, and make up for the a little less pretty interior by having your favorite lemon glaze ready 😉
If you’re wondering, our favorite lemon glaze is just a few tablespoons of icing sugar mixed with a few teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Tastes amazing and is SO simple to put together.
If you make this Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread and love it, you can also try my other variations:
For a straight forward chocolate chip fix, make the Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
For even more chocolate, make the Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Banana Bread.
And for an extra-yummy, super special treat, bake up a Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread – prepare to be asked to make this one again and again!
Watch how to make whole wheat banana bread:
Get the printable Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread recipe here:
Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or more whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lemon zest only
- Heat the oven to 360°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour, cornstarch (OR extra flour), baking powder and salt on top. Gently fold in, do not overmix!
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest and place the batter in the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.