Easy and delicious, this Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Banana Bread is made with Greek yogurt, oil and less sugar than traditional banana bread recipes. Perfect for busy school mornings, as a back to school treat or just because – chocolate banana bread is always a good idea!
So the only thing better (or equal?) to chocolate chips and banana is chocolate, chocolate chips and banana.
This recipe is for those times simple chocolate chips are just not enough!
About this recipe
This banana bread is made with Greek yogurt. Healthy oil. Plenty of mashed banana. Less sugar than traditional quick breads and 100% full of whole wheat goodness.
It’s actually part of my post about How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread, so if you want the full low down on how to make a good whole wheat banana bread (plus watch a fun instructional video!), hop on over there.
For a straight forward chocolate chip fix, make the Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
For a fruity, tangy twist, try the Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread.
And for an extra-yummy, super special treat, bake up a Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread – prepare to be asked to make this one again and again!
Watch the recipe video
More recipes to bake
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat the oven to 360°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf tin.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt on top. Gently fold in, do not overmix!
- Fold in chocolate chips and place the batter in the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.