Easy and delicious, this Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread whips up in a single bowl! You can even freeze it to always have a delicious snack on hand.
Chocolate chips and banana are a combination like peanut butter and jelly – they just work SO well together.
It was just a matter of time until I HAD to post a chocolate banana quick bread variation 🙂
This bread is loaded with goodies like Greek yogurt, whole wheat flour, healthy oil and eggs. Out whips up in a single bowl (yay for less dishes!) and is loved by adults and kids alike.
You can even make it, slice it and then freeze it in individual portions, so you can always pull out a slice or two when snack attack hits.
To defrost, simply leave it on a rack on the counter. In winter it will probably take a little longer, but on hot summer days it’s defrosted in a couple hours if you do actually freeze in individual slices.
If you like warm banana bread, you can always heat it in the microwave for a few seconds, or put it into a hot oven for around 3-5 minutes.
This recipe is part of my How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread post, so if you’re looking for a complete How To on making this (plus a fun instructional video!), hop on over there 🙂
If you want to check out the other flavors individually, you can do that here:
For even more chocolate, make the Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Banana Bread.
For a fruity, tangy twist, try the Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread.
And for an extra-yummy, super special treat, bake up a Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread – prepare to be asked to make this one again and again!
Watch how to make whole wheat banana bread:
Get the printable Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe here:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or more whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat the oven to 360°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour, cornstarch (OR extra flour), baking powder and salt on top. Gently fold in, do not overmix!
- Fold in chocolate chips and place the batter in the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.