Who doesn’t love a cozy pumpkin oatmeal on a crisp fall morning? This whips up instantly in under 10 minutes and tastes like Thanksgiving pie for breakfast!
Since pumpkin breakfasts are pretty much a staple in our home on weekends during fall (as I can prove with my super-popular pumpkin waffles or these amazing pumpkin pancakes), adding pumpkin puree to our oatmeal has quickly become a new favorite.
This oatmeal is gluten free (if using all certified gf ingredients; especially make sure to buy certified gf oats!) and made on the stovetop with rolled oats, dried cranberries (or substitute raisins), milk (pick your favorite to make it skinny or even vegan), maple syrup and pumpkin purée. It’s really just my basic oatmeal recipe, with a few extras thrown in.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice mix, just use whatever fall-inspired spices you do have. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves… Or make your own pumpkin pie spice!
Other ingredient swaps
For the milk, use whatever you have on hand or what you like best! I used organic whole milk.
If you don’t like cranberries, use raisins. Or use nothing at all, your call. And instead of pecans, walnuts work
really well, too. I leave out the nuts and extra cranberries for my toddler though.
Please note that the recipe is written to serve 2!
I chose this so it would be super easy and convenient to half it if you’re making it just for yourself, or to multiply it for a larger family.
More fall breakfasts
Cranberry Pumpkin Oatmeal
For the oatmeal
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin
To serve (optional)
- Dried Cranberries
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Bring the milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the oats, dried cranberries, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Keep stirring the oatmeal for the next 4-5 minutes, or until it has thickened enough to your liking. Stir in the pumpkin puree and heat through.
- Serve immediately with pecans, extra cranberries and maple syrup if you like.
More recipe information
Recipe first shared on Food Fanatic as cranberry pumpkin oatmeal recipe.