These EASY Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles are ready in less than 30 minutes for a fresh and flavorful family dinner! One of our absolutely favorite quick and easy recipes.
Made with plenty of fresh vegetables, lean chicken breast, spaghettini and a super easy homemade stir fry sauce. This is both healthy AND delicious!
If you’ve been around me long enough, then you’ll know I’m allll about quick and easy.
So there’s that.
We’re also lovers of all things Asian noodles, like this One Pot Vegetable Lo Mein.
But then I realized – that’s the only Asian-inspired noodle recipe on the entire blog! And I decided that cannot be.
Which is why I’m sharing one of our FAVORITE quick, easy and fuss-free recipes here. It’s packed with plenty of vegetables, lean protein and all.the.delciousness from your favorite Chinese takeout place – just healthy.
Here are a few tips to make sure your Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles are on the table in less than 30 minutes from now:
slice and dice
With this recipe, as with any stir fry recipe, it’s essential that your prep ahead before you even begin thinking about the cooking process.
Before your pan hits the hot stove, all your vegetables should be cut, our sauce should be stirred and your meat should be ready.
Otherwise this easy dinner turns into a stressful experience, especially with little kids hanging out in the kitchen. (Ask me how I know…)
stay with the dish
While this is a quick and easy dinner option, it’s not a set-it-and-forget-it kinda deal.
Stay at the stove, stir fry away and let your family know you won’t be available for entertainment during the next 30 minutes.
The upside here is that this dish is so easy, once the vegetables are sliced you can cook this with a baby on your hip.
In fact, I recorded half of the recipe video at the beginning of this post with my baby glued to me, and if that isn’t proof of an easy dinner recipe then I don’t know what is 😉
meal prep ahead
This isn’t a must, but you can easily meal prep for this recipe.
The sauce keeps for 3 days in a covered jar in the fridge. P.S. if you want to switch things up, this is also super delicious with my homemade teriyaki sauce!
You can slice the vegetables and keep them in airtight bags for a week.
Dice the chicken the night before and keep it in its separate bag in the fridge. The only thing you have to do on the spot is cooking the spaghettini.
But that only takes 5 minutes, so no problemo there.
Watch the Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles recipe video here:
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodlesmade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Stir Fry
- 1/2 pound spaghettini pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large chicken breast (diced)
- 2 large onions (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 large yellow pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 large red pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 large carrot (cut into strips)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (not packed)
- sliced green onion
- fresh cilantro
- Thoroughly whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the spaghettini pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a very large pan or heavy-bottomed pot. If you have a Wok that's great, but a large Dutch oven (or a wide frying pan) works in a pinch. Brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Pour the sauce over the vegatables and bubble up once while stirring constantly. Toss with the cooked pasta and serve with green onions and cilantro.
It’s 30 Minute Thursday again and we’re sharing a bunch of quick and easy dinner ideas! Check out the links below for the recipes.
One Pot Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup from The Recipe Rebel
Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus from Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pan Italian Pasta from My Kitchen Craze
Asian Lemon Chicken from Life Made Sweeter
Spicy Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup from Floating Kitchen
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Easy Thai Vegetable Pita Pizzas from She Likes Food
Guinness Beef Chili from Flavor the Moments