Instant Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili is an easy and delicious dinner recipe for cozy fall nights! It’s a quick dump and go recipe for your pressure cooker, filled with healthy ingredients and 100% kid-approved.
Isn’t chili just the most heart-warming meal on earth?
I sure think so. I absolutely LOVE my Healthy Slow Cooker Chili, but a few weeks ago I realized it’s the ONLY chili I have here on the blog.
Oh, things are going to change, my friend 😉
And we’re starting with this Instant Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili.
This is one of my absolutely favorite recipes for fall.
- it’s an easy “dump and go” recipe, meaning you just add all ingredients to your electric pressure cooker without precooking, seal and let it do its work. SO simple!
- it’s full of healthy fiber from the pumpkin and the beans, plus it’s low in fat and under 500 calories even with a slice of cornbread on the side (not that I care about calories in any form, but I think a lot of readers here do, so that one’s for you, friends)
- it freezes well if you want to prep some meals ahead!
This is the perfect meal to make on busy fall or winter nights.
Also, since it’s October I’m allowed to talk about Halloween… Right?! Anyways, this chili is the perfect meal to serve up before going out for trick or treating.
My best tips for a foolproof Instant Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili:
- be sure to stir the ingredients well before sealing the instant pot, or something could get stuck to the bottom and result in a burn error
- season to your taste – I use my no-heat homemade taco seasoning because I have kids who consider cinnamon too spicy, but feel free to make this as hot as you like
- if you don’t have dry black beans, use 1 can rinsed and drained black beans and reduce the water by 1 cup
- if the chili isn’t as thick as you like after cooking, just let it simmer on the sauté setting without the lid on until it has thickened to your liking. Be sure to stir and watch it closely, or it will burn.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can!
You can either freeze it uncooked (make sure to use a container that fits into your instant pot). Place it frozen into your instant pot and cook for 60 minutes on high pressure. It could be a little more liquid that way, but you can just cook it down a little.
You can also freeze it cooked. Thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat on the stove until piping hot all the way through.
- make sure to use containers or bags suitable for freezing
- label with the name and use-by date (freeze for up to 3 months)
- reheat until piping hot all the way through before servings
What can you serve with this turkey pumpkin chili?
We love this as a hearty meal with a comforting side to mop up all of that delicious chili.
These are all family-favorites we enjoy with a steaming bowl of chili. Though I’ll have to admit – the cornbread is always my first choice.
Get the printable recipe here:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2/3 cup black beans, dried OR 1 can rinsed and drained (reduce water by 1.5 cups if using canned)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 oz jar diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin OR 2 cups homemade pumpkin purée
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin spice (or more if you're really into it)
- Your favorite chili toppings
- Place all ingredients (except for the toppings) in the inner pot of your instant pot. Stir well.
- Close the lid and set the pressure valve to "sealing". Choose "pressure cook" and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes (just leave the instant pot alone). Then carefully manually release the remaining pressure and open the instant pot.
- If your chili hasn't thickened enough, set the instant pot to sauté (on low) and simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333